The nominees for the 2022 Canadian Game Awards and the 2022 Indie Game Awards have been announced, and Ontario’s studios have taken over! The following games and studios from Ontario are nominated:
- Ubisoft Toronto’s Far Cry 6 is nominated in four categories, including Game of the Year. Ubisoft Toronto is also nominated for Studio of the Year.
- HitGrab Games’ Clan O’Conall and the Crown of the Stag is nominated for Best Art Direction.
- Cococucumber’s Echo Generation is nominated in a whopping eleven categories, including Game of the Year and Indie Game of the Year
- Falling Squirrel and Creative Bytes Studios’ The Vale: Shadow of the Crown is in five categories, including Best Audio Design and Best Technology/Innovation
- Torn Banner Studios’ Chivalry 2 gets in six categories including Best Audio Design and Fan Choice Award
- Alientrap Games’ Wytchwood is on six categories including Best Art Direction
- East Side Games’ RuPaul’s Drag Race Superstar is nominated for Best Mobile Game
- Adjective Noun Studios’ Hotel Hermes is nominated for Best Mobile Game across both award shows
- CAPY’s Grindstone gets on the Best Mobile Game category for both awards
- Cream Digital’s Dark Threads is nominated for Best VR/AR Game
- Mighty Yell’s The Big Con is nominated in four categories, including Best Indie Game of the Year
- Gaggle Studios’ Goose Goose Duck is nominated in four categories, including Best Debut Indie Game
- Rocket Adrift’s Raptor Boyfriend: A High School Romance gets in two categories on the Indie Game Awards, Best Art Direction and Best Animation
- Freebird Games’ Impostor Factory is nominated in two categories for the Indie Game Awards – Best Narrative and Best PC Game.
Check out the full lists below!